Sunday, August 26, 2007

Ubuntu security bulletins (USN-499-1 - Apache)

Today I inaugurate a new service: thanks to the Ubuntu Security Notices, I am able to provide an updated list of the Ubuntu vulnerabilities as they are discovered and posted to the ubuntu-security-announce mailing list.
I won't provide every report submitted to this list, but I think I'll select just the more interesting among them.

The first post is for the Apache-aholik ones:

USN-499-1: Apache vulnerabilities
Threat level (*): MODERATE

Affected Ubuntu versions:

  • Ubuntu 6.06 LTS
  • Ubuntu 6.10
  • Ubuntu 7.04
  • (and the corresponding versions of Kubuntu, Edubuntu, and Xubuntu)
It's recommended that you perform (at least) a standard upgrade of your system to avoid possible:
  • XSS attacks (consequences: data/passwords stealing and other minor threats)
  • Denial-of-service attacks
  • Apache signal handling flaws
________
(*) = IMHO = It's just my opinion...

No comments:

Post a Comment